Technology Assessment Division
Residential Energy Programs
- Residential Energy Tax Credits are Back for 2013
Additional information on Federal Energy Tax Credits for energy-efficient home improvements.
- Quick Notes on Residential Energy Efficiency
Booklet based on series of workshops that provide information to the homeowner about energy efficiency. (pdf 11.3 MB)
- Entergy ENsight, an online source for energy information
Entergy provides tips to help their customers safely and effectively manage their energy usage. Entergy offers a helpful calculator for estimates of energy use costs. Entergy ENsight Residential Calculator This is aimed at Entergy Gulf States Louisiana Inc. and Entergy Louisiana, Inc. customers.
- Louisiana Builders' Guide
a Guide to Energy Efficient Homes - May 2010 Edition
A guide to key elements of energy efficient construction that saves money, improves indoor air quality, enhances comfort, prevents moisture problems, and increases the long term durability of the building.
- Manual for the Environmental & Climatic Responsive Restoration and Renovation of Older Houses in Louisiana
A guide to energy conservation in buildings that are part of our architectural and cultural heritage in Louisiana. (pdf 14.2 MB)
- TAD Energy Rated Homes
Evaluation and rating of energy efficiency of homes
- Home Energy Rebate Option (HERO)
Cash payments for energy efficiency
- Home Energy Loan Program (HELP)
Energy loans for energy improvements
- Builder’s Guide to Coastal Construction
Technical Fact Sheet Series - FEMA August 2005
- Home Design and Construction Portal
This site was developed by the State of Louisiana to assist Road Home applicants in repairing and rebuilding their homes as we build - together - a safer, stronger, smarter Louisiana. The information, developed in conjunction with the LSU AgCenter, Tulane City Center and UNO-CHART, is designed to provide “one-stop shopping” for all of your rebuilding and remodeling information needs.
- Rebuilding your Flooded Home
Guidelines for Incorporating Energy Efficiency - DOE May 1994
- Rebuilding "Green" in New Orleans
- Code College
Addresses the building and energy code and building science training needs of the building industry. Industry-sponsored online training from national experts. “Online Jobsite” approach available 24/7 for the convenience of the building professional.
- DNR's Energy Codes web page
- LaHouse: Louisiana House - Home & Landscape Resource Center
Department of Natural Resources is a key partner in LaHouse. The project provides demonstration, training, and planning expertise on sustainability, energy efficiency, and other environmentally sound features
- Baton Rouge Business Report Article on LaHouse.
On the Business Report page, scroll down to Geaux green.
- Baton Rouge Business Report Article on LaHouse.
- Radiant Barrier / Insulation Demonstration Project
Demonstrating relative performance of insulation verses radiant barrier systems. (pdf 1.01 MB)
- Radiant Barrier Fact Sheet - Oakridge National Laboratory
- Quality Control Inspection of Homes with Thermal Imaging
A report showing a sampling of thermal images collected during a study of construction quality of homes built recently in the five most populous parishes of Louisiana. (pdf 3.04 MB)
- Cost Due to Duct Leakage; Return Duct Leakage vs. Supply Duct Leakage; and Sealing Energy Ductwork Thereby Reducing Energy Usage in Existing Residential Buildings: Final Report
- USDOE - Energy Savers
Information to help you save energy in your home, business, vehicle, or industrial plant
- Home Energy Saver
Developed by the Environmental Energy Technologies Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, this web-based audit tool provides guidance to improve the efficiency of your particular home's energy systems using your own data, e. g., zip code, number of windows on each wall, etc.
Answering the need to save money and reduce carbon emissions when it comes to residential energy efficiency, the new website presents the first comprehensive database for local, state and national incentives, rebates, and special offers on the Internet. Visitors to the site enter their zip code to quickly find local residential incentives and rebates covering appliances, lighting, cars, home improvement and construction, energy audits, solar and other renewables, recycling and financing options. Additionally, users are able to create an account to keep track of their projects, incentives and other offers.
- USDOE, EERE - Building America Best Practices Series: Volume 1, Builders and Buyers Handbook for Improving New Home Efficiency, Comfort, and Durability in the Hot and Humid Climate
- USDOE, EERE - Building America Best Practices Series: Volume 4, Builders and Buyers Handbook for Improving New Home Efficiency, Comfort, and Durability in the Mixed-Humid Climate
- EEM - Energy Efficient Mortgages
Fannie Mae provides information on how to get mortgages to purchase an energy efficient home.
- Mortgage Calculator
This resource features several financial calculators courtesy of MortgageLoan.com.
- Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator
Answer questions to find out how much your refrigerator or freezer costs to operate in energy and money and how much you can save with an ENERGY STAR replacement.
- More Than 100 Ways to Improve Your Electric Bill
This Edison Electric Institute brochure provides tips to save energy in every major area of the home: heating, cooling, lighting, cooking, water heating, laundering, and refrigeration. Many tips also can improve your home’s comfort and convenience, while protecting the environment by using energy more wisely.